Top 10 Sakamichi Series song of 2017







Hello, since we are now approaching the end of the year I thought I should do something like an end of year recap of some sort. So I will, I will make like a series of Top 10 list about the 48 Group and Sakamichi series and what I like about them from the past year. And finally I will end it with a post where I talk about the best thing that happen within the 48 and 46 Group, so something like an award show of some sort. Not that it’s a relevant thing, but I will make it anyway. So, first up for the top 10 list is the best Sakamichi Series song of 2017. I decided to start with the Sakamichi Series because the 48 Group still has a few more releases to go, and I want to wait until they released it so I can give my full opinion on all of the song (at least I’ll wait until the NGT 2nd single, because the NMB single is a little late on the year so I can’t review it in time). The Sakamichi Series has been doing an incredible job this year, especially in the music department. There are a lot of great song that came out from both Nogizaka46 and Keyakizaka46. For this particular list, I’m limiting to only songs from the singles and albums, so as much as I like LAST NUMBER, it won’t make it in here. But every other song that released between Influencer and Kazi ni Fukaretemo is eligible, and here are some of the best.

10. Skydiving (Umaretekara Hajimete Mita Yume)
The main song from Nogizaka 3rd album is on #10. A classic Nogizaka song with all the breezy and airy feel to it. Very nice chorus, very catchy, the melody is nice, but my favorite is probably the intro. I like how they use the electric guitar for that intro sound, it get stuck in your head.

9. Nigemizu (Nigemizu)
Another Nogi song, and this time its their 18th single. I really like Nigemizu, that chorus is just amazing. The song overall is also great, very catchy and very Nogizaka. It’s the first time that a 3rd gen is a part of the senbatsu and they’re going straight to the center position. I think they do a good job, both Yoda and Ozono did really great, it made me like the 3rd gen more and actually want to learn about them. Sad that they both isn’t  picked for the 19th single, but still, great that the 3rd gen is actually getting a push.

8. Igai BREAK (Influencer)
We’re going way back for this one, Igai BREAK is on #8. One of my favorite coupling song release this year is this nostalgic song from the Influencer single. I really like the early 90s pop feel to it, I like it because I like 90s songs in general. The bass line is just amazing, a good bass line always gets me, and of course we got Eto Misa’s crystal clear voice. And finally, it consist of the 4 prettiest member in Nogizaka, what more do you want?

7. Under (Nigemizu)
I don’t put this song here just because Himetan is graduating, I genuinely like this song. I like how emotional this song is, telling the story of the struggle of the under member of Nogizaka and how some of them become from a nobody to some of the most important member in Nogizaka right now. Saito Asuka, someone who used to be in the back of the under formation, now a center that will carry Nogizaka into the future. Hori Miona, the miracle kid from 2nd gen who started out in front but then started slipping, and now she’s climbing up the ladder again. And of course we got girls like Inoue Sayuri, Ito Marika and Himetan, who for a long time, is an important member for the under. This song tells a great story, and that’s why its on #7.

6. 100nen Matteba (Mashiro Mono wa Yogoshitaku Naru)
Next up is this very cute song by Nagahama Neru. This song is just very good, it has a retro feel to it, which I always like. It has a very nice and catchy chorus to it. The vocal is also nice and cute. Not a lot more to say really, its just a very good song.

5. Shoujo ni wa Modorenai (Mashiro Mono wa Yogoshitaku Naru)
Honestly, I can put the whole of Keyakizaka’s first album in this list, there’s just so many great song. This one is no exception. I always say that this song sounds like ‘Virtual Insanity’ by Jamiroquai. It is, and that’s why I like it. I like that jazzy R&B style song, its very groovy and makes you want to just dance. It sounds really cool, and of course, it has a great bass line, which I can never resist.

4. Influencer (Influencer)
This list won’t be complete without Influencer, it’s the best A-side song release this year, period. I love this song, I love the flamenco guitar style, it give a somewhat exotic feel to it. The chorus is amazing, the verse is great, and the member all look amazing. It’s a great song and for me the best A-side song release this year.

3. Tuning (Fukyouwaon)
Of course Yuichanzu is going to make this list, I think they are the best unit in the whole 48 and 46 group right now, their talent is just amazing. The only entry from Fukyouwaon on this list, Tuning is Yuichanzu 3rd song, and I think its one of the best B-side this year, and the best song from the Fukyouwaon single by far. To be honest, Tuning is not the Yuichanzu’s best song, they have better song in 2016, most notably is Bob Dylan wa Kaesanai, which I say is the best Keyakizaka46 song ever. Tuning is basically a more refine version of Shibuyagawa, it has a similar folk style to it, but the vocal is better, the harmony is better, and the chemistry between Imaizumi and Kobayashi is better. Don’t get me wrong, saying that this song is just a better version of Shibuyagawa doesn’t make this song a bad song, oh no, quite the opposite. As I say this is one of the best B-side released this year.

2. Saisei Suru Saibo (Kaze ni Fukaretemo)
The most recent entry on this list, Imaizumi Yui’s 2nd solo song is at #2. This song is released just after she came back from her hiatus, and it is just a very beautiful song. This girl is just so talented, her vocal is amazing, and the feeling she has when performing this song is what’s make this song great. The feeling and emotion that this song has is so beautiful its enough to make you cry. This song may not be as good as Zuumin’s first solo song, but it is still a very very good ballad song.

1. 1-Gyou Dake to Airmail/Natsu no Hana wa Himawari Dake Janai (Mashiro Mono wa Yogoshitaku Naru)
I just can’t choose, I can’t choose between these 2 songs, so I decide to put them both in the top spot. But can you blame me? These 2 songs are just amazing. First we have Yuichanzu’s 1-Gyou Dake to Airmail, I mean this song is just incredible. The country ballad style they’re doing really suits them, it sounds beautiful, the Vocal is beautiful, its very calming, I can listen to it pretty much all day. Remember that I say that Bob Dylan wa Kaesanai is the best Keyakizaka46 song, well this song is the top candidate to take that spot, its that good. Then we have Imaizumi Yui’s first solo song Natsu no Hana wa Himawari Dake Janai. What can you say about this girl, her voice is just something amazing, its not just the out right quality of her voice that amaze me, but also the feeling and emotion behind it, not a lot of people have that. And that voice, couple with a beautiful ballad arrangement, makes this one of the best if not the best song from 2017.


And that ladies and gentlemen, is my top 10 Sakamichi song of 2017, if you look at it, its mostly feature songs with slow to medium tempo, not a lot of fast pace song. That’s because I generally like slower songs better, to me it has better quality than a faster more upbeat songs. I think my list would probably be very different from what everyone else think is the best Sakamichi song of 2017. For instance both Fukyouwaon and Eccentric is not even on the list, I mean they’re great, its just that they’re not good enough for me to be put in the top 10. I guess that’s it, next time I’m going to look at the top 10 Sakamichi Music Video of 2017, so you can look forward to that. but until then



This is Delta
Over and Out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Meaning Behind the Move (Synchronicity)

Top 10 Best Nogizaka46 Song

Top 10 Nogizaka46 Music Video